Want to know how to boost your domain authority? We have listed 4 main strategies that will help increase the authority of your website. Everyone wants to boost domain authority in the early stages of building a business website.
People also work hard to publish a great piece of content, only to have it not visible on the first page. This is caused because other websites have a lot higher domain authority compared to yours.
Most small business website owners will find hard to rank on search engines. However, if you know how to increase your domain authority, you will do this with ease. First of all, we have to remember that SEO is a competitive score. Hence, domain authority is also competitive.
You do not need a perfect domain authority like Google or Facebook. However, your domain authority should be more than that of your competitors. This will put you in a very good spot. Domain Authority is a score (from 0-100) developed by Moz that estimates how close to the first position a website will be on Google. The website with a higher Domain Authority or DA is likely to rank on the first page of Google.
Facts about DA – Domain Authority
Before we tell you how to boost your domain authority, let’s find out some facts about DA.
- First, Domain authority is calculated using over 40 signals
- Moreover, The websites that rank high on search engines tend to have high DA
- High DA causes high rankings which in turn bring more traffic
- DA does not fluctuate overnight
How To Boost Your Domain Authority
It is easy to raise your DA from 0-10. It is easier to raise it from 10 – 30. However, when it comes to raising it from 50+, you are getting to need a lot of patience. Let’s look at some strategies that will help you improve your DA.
Publish Quality Content
The idea is to add value through content. Whenever you add quality content that is of genuine value to your readers, you are working towards increasing your DA.
- Good content means a healthy mix of text, images and referral links.
- Informative articles or blogs with real value adding topics.
- Anything more than 400 words.
- Real and original content that is not copied from other sites.
On Page SEO
- Keyword Density – A good keyword density between 0.5% – 1.5% will ensure your page does not fall under ‘keyword stuffing’.
- Heading Tags – Use of H1, H2, H3 and H4 help you categorize and structure your content well.
- Targeted Keywords – use the right keywords in the right places without having to lose the quality of the content.
- Permalink Structure – Use SEO friendly URL structure. However, always try to use the keyword in it.
- Meta Description – Always include keywords in the meta description. Furthermore, never leave it empty.
- Include keyword in titles – Almost all your title should have target keywords. Hence, making it a norm is useful.
- Alt Attributes – Remember, always optimise your images.
3. Always create internal links
Internal links increase the dwell time of the website. Hence, your bounce rate goes down. Wonder why DA score for Wikipedia is 100?
4. Generate high-quality links for your site
It’s a tough task. However, always worth the work. When it comes to backlinks, it’s about quality, not quantity.
[Get The Latest Updates: SEO Updates]
Furthermore, it’s about patience. Sometimes you need to let your domain grow old. Websites that are 2-3 years old and still active, tend to get higher DA. This does mean, however, that a new website will not rank. It just means that it may take time to gain the DA score. Remember, SEO is competitive. Most noteworthy fact is that publishing frequency always pays a great role in Google’s crawl rate. If your website always has new content when Google crawls it, it’s considered a good source of new content.
How to check your DA?
There are a lot of tools available online that help you find out the DA of your website. However, we always get calls from people asking for help and we love it. Feel free to call us on 03 99448 9610 and one of our SEO experts will be happy to guide you in the right direction. Hope this article helped you learn how to boost your domain authority.